Who We Are
Clark-Reliance® is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. Clark-Reliance is a company that strives to maintain an environment that nurtures employees. Clark-Reliance prides itself on the development of its employees and finds way to continue to grow every year.
What is an Applications Specialist/Engineer?
An Applications Specialist/Engineer will assure that standard and engineered products comply to customer requirements and the minimum standards as set forth by Quality Management System.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in a technical field or three to five years experience at a technical level position in a related field. Experience with AutoCAD is required. Strong interpersonal skills with listening, consultative and problem-solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee all product application activities for a product line, which include but are not limited to:
a. The timely and accurate processing of all engineered orders within the respective Team.
b. The timely an accurate processing of customer required drawings and other technical documentation as specified by the customer purchase order.
c. May design and disposition manufacturing detail drawing as required to complete the manufacture of customer orders.
d. May implement and disposition revisions and issue new end items within the structure of the Quality Management System and its address of controlled documents.
2. Review and evaluate the effectiveness and utilization of systems used to process customer orders.
3. Provide technical, installation and trouble shooting consultation with customers, sales, and other Clark-Reliance departments.
4. Review and analyze customer requirements through blueprints, plans or other information to develop and prepare a detailed proposal which describes: type of equipment needed, price, delivery time and financial terms for the described product.
5. Informs customer of unit prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information pertinent to the customer order.
6. Enters orders via computerized order entry system and calculates total cost to the customer, discount and sales representative commission.
7. Review all proposals for compliance with company standards and contract language.
8. Maintain quality assurance operations by following quality assurance policies and procedures.
9. May travel to customer job sites. 10. Interact and communicate with all levels of employees within the Company, as well as suppliers, customers and peers effectively.
11. Comply with policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Company.
12. Maintain quality assurance policy consistent with ISO standards.
13. Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
14. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
15. Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred or three to five years experience at a technical level position in a related field. Able to read, write, and follow verbal instructions in Standard English. Experience with AutoCAD required. Strong interpersonal skills with listening, consultative and problem-solving skills. Proficient in MS Office products. Ability to handle complex projects and tasks independently within established standards. Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at a time, self-motivated and pro-active. Ability to function and thrive in a team environment with an appreciation of aggressive goals.
Physical and Technical Environment
Minimal lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop in a normal office environment. Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office and shop area walking, climbing stairs, utilizing elevator. Travel required, exposure to varying environments and cultures at the job site, changing deadlines, strict time constraints.
Benefits and Perks
Clark-Reliance is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. The company is dedicated to supplying the largest and broadest product line in the instrumentation industry for all types of measurement and control. Key acquisitions over the last few decades have solidified Clark-Reliance as a leader in the separation and filtration industries as well.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Disabled/Vet