Who We Are
Clark-Reliance® is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. Clark-Reliance is a company that strives to maintain an environment that nurtures employees. Clark-Reliance prides itself on the development of its employees and finds way to continue to grow every year.
What is a R&D Electrical Design Engineer?
A R&D Electrical Design Engineer will Hands-on design of electronic circuits (mixed, digital and analog) with project responsibility from concept to production.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with a minimum one years relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Experience in PCB development software, PCB level troubleshooting and the ability to build models and functional prototypes is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design and/or modify electronic/electrical controls, systems, modules and assemblies with consideration given to environmental/safety conditions and systems integration.
2. Make necessary calculations, preliminary sketches, and material specifications based on engineering data, manuals, diagrams, verbal and/or written instruction and defined concepts.
3. Perform project planning and estimating tasks during product development.
4. Interact with supplier representatives and customers as necessary to identify specification, design components, systems and finalize design.
5. Write reports regarding project schedules and estimate completion dates.
6. Interface with Company departments regarding the development and completion of products and engineering projects.
7. Provide field technical assistance concerning problems encountered with customer installations and repair.
8. Prepare assembly wiring drawings and project documentation including instructions for service and repair manuals.
9. Apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
10. Interact and communicate with all levels of employees within the Company, as well as suppliers, customers and peers effectively.
11. Comply with policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Company.
12. Maintain quality assurance policy consistent with ISO standards.
13. Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
14. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
15. Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. Able to read, write, and follow verbal instructions in Standard English. • Minimum one to five years relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment • May consider Co-op time as experience. • Experience with process instrumentation preferred • Experience in PCB development software required. • Experience with AutoCad and Inventor 3-D modeling software preferred • Failure Mode Analysis experience preferred. • Critical thinking and analytical skills • Proficient in MS Office products. • Design with uPs, analog and digital I/O, power supplies and serial comm using SPI, I2C, & USB is a plus. Should be familiar with DCS, PLC, and current loop control systems. • Familiarity with intrinsic safe design practices is a plus. Soldering, assembly, and repair with THT and SMT components a must. • Familiarity in C++ programming desired. • PCB level troubleshooting required. • System level troubleshooting desired. • Ability to build models and functional prototypes required.
Physical and Technical Environment
• Seldomly lift or move up to 70 pounds. • Must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop in a normal office environment. • Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office and shop area, walking, climbing stairs, utilizing elevator. •Normal vision and manual dexterity. • Must respond to changing requirements and working conditions. •Travel required, exposure to varying environments and cultures at the job site, changing deadlines, strict time constraints.
Benefits and Perks
Clark-Reliance is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. The company is dedicated to supplying the largest and broadest product line in the instrumentation industry for all types of measurement and control. Key acquisitions over the last few decades have solidified Clark-Reliance as a leader in the separation and filtration industries as well.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Disabled/Vet
R&D Electrical Design Engineer