Who We Are
Clark-Reliance® is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. Clark-Reliance is a family-owned company that strives to maintain an environment that nurtures employees. Clark-Reliance prides itself on the development of its employees and finds way to continue to grow every year.
What is Shipping and Receiving?
Shipping and Receiving employees will verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Shipping duties include assembling, addressing, stamping and shipping merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products. Receiving duties include receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have recent shipping and receiving experience. They will be comfortable using nail guns, saws and a tape measure. This is a first shift position from 7am-3:30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Construct shipping crates, assemble orders and prepare goods for shipment.
2. Record shipment data, including weight, charges and space availability. Complete shipping or receiving reports and documentation on a computer.
3. Visually inspect product to insure it has not been damaged or deteriorated during handling, storage, packaging or shipping.
4. Store received items.
5. Must be familiar with Company standard shipping and/or receiving practices, including verifications against purchase orders, use of shipping and/or receiving forms, and maintenance of records.
6. Effectively perform material handling activities such as crating, packing, shipping, receiving, picking, lifting, moving and using materials handling equipment when necessary. (such as: lift trucks, tow motors, cranes, high lifts, etc.)
7. Utilize small and large tools, hoists, dollies, nail guns, staplers, saws, and other devices when necessary.
8. Comply with all safety procedures in each area assigned, including but not limited to, wearing protective clothing, special handling of chemicals, special handling of product, safety/rescue equipment usage, etc.
9. Interact and communicate with all levels of employees within the Company, as well as suppliers, customers and peers effectively.
10. Comply with policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Company.
11. Maintain quality assurance policy consistent with ISO standards.
12. Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
13. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
14. Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education
• One year related manufacturing experience preferred. • Previous experience in a shipping or receiving department preferred. • Ability to learn MAPICS. • Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and the Internet required. • Ability to handle routine projects and tasks with no supervision. • Ability to handle non-routine, standard projects and tasks.
Physical and Technical Environment
• Must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, using proper lifting techniques or other available resources such as lifting or moving equipment or help from another employee. • Regularly required to walk or stand, bend or twist, climb, reach with hands or arms. • Clean and orderly manufacturing environment, some exposure to electrical and mechanical hazards. • Exposure to noise, dust, heat and cold on a regular basis. • Exposure to machine and tool hazards requiring care and attention to safety rules and standards. • Must respond to changing requirements and working conditions.
Benefits and Perks
About Clark-Reliance Corporation®
Clark-Reliance is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. The company is dedicated to supplying the largest and broadest product line in the instrumentation industry for all types of measurement and control. Key acquisitions over the last few decades have solidified Clark-Reliance as a leader in the separation and filtration industries as well.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Disabled/Vet
Shipping and Receiving