Who We Are
Clark-Reliance® is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. Clark-Reliance is a company that strives to maintain an environment that nurtures employees. Clark-Reliance prides itself on the development of its employees and finds way to continue to grow every year.
What is a Welder?
Welders operate and monitor a variety of welding machinery and tools for the purpose of production.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of welding experience or equivalent education. Proficient at TIG and MIG welding is required. The hours for this position are 7:00am-3:30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Set-up and operate welding and other equipment utilized in the qualified weld and fabrication areas. Qualification is based on ability, training and experience.
2. Pass performance tests as required by ASME Code Section IX (Welding and Brazing), ASME Code Section VIII Div1 (Unfired Pressure Vessels), ASME Code Section B31.3 (Process Piping), ASME Code Section B31.1 (Power Piping) and AWS D1.1 (Structural Welding).
3. Weld components of products, such as piping, pressure vessels, structural components (skids), as specified by blueprints, work order, welding procedures, or traveler, using MIG or TIG processes.
4. Train to fit parts for various product lines if necessary.
5. Understand paperwork procedures and understand MAPICS.
6. Pass x-ray quality work regularly and consistently, or have above average ability to fit all products.
7. Weld a variety of metals, such as carbon steel, stainless steel, monel, nickel based alloys, etc.
8. Inspect test and/or evaluate all parts manufactured in the specific weld/fabrication area, and perform quality related analysis.
9. Follow all procedures and specifications required to insure product conformance to quality specifications.
10. Comply with all safety procedures in each area assigned, including but not limited to, wearing protective clothing, special handling of chemicals, special handling of product, safety/rescue equipment usage, etc.
11. Interact and communicate with all levels of employees within the Company, as well as suppliers, customers and peers effectively.
12. Comply with policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Company.
13. Maintain quality assurance policy consistent with ISO standards.
14. Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
15. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
16. Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education
• High school diploma or equivalent. Able to read, write, and follow verbal instructions in Standard English. • Three years welding experience in GTAW and GMAW or two years experience and completion of a welding program. • Learning to weld various product lines and our processes in the division if required. • Ability to handle routine projects and tasks under moderate supervision. • Ability to read simple blueprints and technical specifications. • Ability to handle non-routine, standard projects and tasks.
Physical and Technical Environment
• Must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, using proper lifting techniques or other available resources such as lifting or moving equipment or help from another employee. • Regularly required to walk or stand, bend or twist, climb, reach with hands or arms. • Specific vision requirements include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. • Clean and orderly manufacturing environment, some exposure to electrical and mechanical hazards. • Overtime required at periodic intervals to respond to project deadlines. • Exposure to noise, dust, heat and cold on a regular basis. • Exposure to machine and tool hazards requiring care and attention to safety rules and standards.
Benefits and Perks
Clark-Reliance is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. The company is dedicated to supplying the largest and broadest product line in the instrumentation industry for all types of measurement and control. Key acquisitions over the last few decades have solidified Clark-Reliance as a leader in the separation and filtration industries as well.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Disabled/Vet